ScreenStyleWA Pty Ltd (ABN 561 277 155 84) (“ScreenStyleWA”) an Australian company is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals’ personal information by complying with the National Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This policy ScreenStyleWA and its Australian subsidiaries (“we”, “our” or “us”) handle personal information of Australian citizens and permanent residents.
- Collection of personal information – We only collect personal information about you that is necessary for the purpose of conducting our business. We collect the information that you provide in your communications with us. We may also track your enquiries and online activity. We do not collect or hold sensitive information (as defined in the Privacy Act) about you without your consent, or use or store government identifiers in relation to your personal information. Where lawful and practical, you can transact with us anonymously. However, if you do not provide us with the information we request we may be prevented from delivering our products and services, from communicating with you and/or from improving our product and service offering.
- Use of personal information – The personal information that you provide may be used by various officers of ScreenStyleWA for business purposes relevant to our relationship with you. This may include but is not limited to: answering your enquiries; fulfilling your orders; identifying other products and services that you might purchase; helping us improve our product and services offering; and to support marketing of our products and services. We will not sell your personal information to third parties for the purpose of enabling them to market their products and services to you. We may telephone, email or SMS you regarding your account and may send you marketing messages by email or SMS. If you do not wish to receive these messages you can “unsubscribe” in accordance with the unsubscribe procedure specified in the relevant message.
- Disclosure of personal information – We may disclose your personal information in confidence to related bodies corporate, subcontractors and service providers in the course of conducting our business. We may also disclose your personal information in confidence to third parties when undertaking joint promotions. In these cases, we require the subcontractor, service provider or third party to hold and use the personal information strictly in accordance with the terms of this Policy. Your personal information may be disclosed to potential buyers of ScreenStyleWA, our assets or businesses under an undertaking of secrecy as part of a bid or sale process. In accordance with the Privacy Act, we may use or disclose your personal information if we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure:
- is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious and imminent threat to an individual’s life, health or safety or a serious threat to public health or public safety;
- is necessary to investigate or remedy suspected unlawful activity or in reporting concerns to relevant persons or authorities;
- is required or authorised by or under law; or
- is in preparation for, or conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal, or implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal.
- Security and Confidentiality – We implement various security measures that aim to protect the security and confidentiality of your personal information, including destroying or de-identifying information that we hold about you when it is no longer required.
- Openness, Access and Correction – If you wish to find out more about our information handling practices, and/or you wish to view or request amendment of your personal information, please contact ScreenStyle WA by using the contact form